Parent and Godparent Requirements for Baptisms
· One of the parents or legal guardian must request the baptism.
· Children over the age of 7 years must attend Catechism. Please see our CCD Director if that is the case.
· An original copy of the child’s birth certificate, NOT the hospital note, must be presented to the church office and a copy made.
· All forms and payments must be completed and turned in at least one week before the Pre-baptismal class.
· There must be a founded hope that the child to be baptized will be brought up in the Catholic Religion
· Both parents and godparents must attend a Pre-baptismal instruction class.
· At least one parent must be a practicing Catholic and attend mass on a regular basis.
· Parents MUST either be registered or live within our parish boundaries. If not, we require that you turn in written permission, from the parish you are registered with, stating that you can baptize your child here at St. Mary Queen of the Apostles.
· That one Godparent must have made all of his/her Sacraments: Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
· If that Godparent is married, he/she must have been married in the Catholic Church.
· If that Godparent is single, he/she can not live with someone outside the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Rules for inside the Church:
*Some of these rules may not apply to you
TIME OF SERVICE:
CANDLES: *for weddings only
**It is important we all conduct ourselves with Reverence and Respect in this God's house. We want our church to stay beautiful and we want our worship to be meaningful and reverent. We thank you most sincerely in advance.